Your weekly news and notes on LMU athletics:
- The University of Pacific officially joined the WCC on Monday to bring the conference’s membership to ten schools. Pacific will compete in men and women’s basketball, baseball, women’s cross-country, men’s golf, women’s soccer, softball, men and women’s tennis, and women’s volleyball.
- Junior third baseman Meghan Harman was named the Pacific Coast Softball Conference Scholar-Athlete of the year.
- LMU announced Brad Lanning as the schools’s new head coach of men’s golf. Lanning’s latest stint was an assistant coaching position with the University of Oregon. Here is the official release from LMU.
- LMU hosted 2014 6-foot-0 point guard Victor Joseph on an unofficial visit according to Joseph’s twitter account.2014
5-foot-11 point guard Kyron Cartwright also made an unofficial visit to LMU last week. Cartwright has offers from LMU, Cal State Fullerton, New Mexico and San Diego.
- As for 2015 recruits, LMU has shown interest in 6-foot-2 shooting guard Darrian Traylor and 6-foot-7 small forward Nate Grimes both from Las Vegas, Nev. The two players star for the Las Vegas Knicks.
- Here is the team’s official highlight video from the 2012-13 season put together by director of basketball operations Alex Schilter.
- LMU women’s basketball gained a commitment from 2014 5-foot-8 guard Deshka Olson out of Utah.