Your weekly news and notes on LMU athletics:
- LMULions.com put out a men’s basketball summer preview video with head coach Max Good. Good breaks down his roster or returning players along with the team’s newcomers. The release also lists 16 players on roster, including two new additions: freshman guard Blair Mendy from San Jose, Calif. and freshman guard Chris Mullin Jr. from Danville, Calif. – and yes, he is the son of basketball hall of fame forward Chris Mullin.
- LMULions.com also posted an official press release on former men’s basketball assistant coach Chris Farr’s departure to the Denver Nuggets. This leaves another vacancy on the Lions staff, a vacancy that hurts the team during this critical recruiting period. Interestingly enough, if you’d like to apply for the position the job posting was posted on LMU’s human resources page here. You must have “computer skills.” Am I qualified?
- Mullin senior happens to be one of the older NBA types hanging around LMU as of late. NBA players continue to flood in and out of LMU’s campus with the latest sighting being Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faired.
- Good and company are hitting the recruiting trail hard like every other college basketball coach in the country. The first evaluating period took place last week. New LMU assistant coach Tom Abatemarco showed interest and called 2014 forward Eugene Artison out of Seattle, WA. LMU Lions Roar blog compiled this helpful list of 2014 recruits that LMU has offered. Here’s a video of one of those recruits, 2014 guard Kyron Cartwright from Compton HS in Los Angeles.
- LMU baseball is also reeling in recruits…although we won’t know their names until it’s official.