Your weekly news and notes on LMU athletics:
- Head men’s basketball coach Max Good has hired a replacement for assistant coach Jason Levy. Tom Abatemarco will join LMU this coming season as an assistant coach. Abatemarco spent the past three seasons as a member of the Colorado coaching staff. With 30 plus years of coaching experience, has spent time at Utah, Rutgers, Sacramento State, Lamar and Drake. You can read his full bio here and follow him on twittter @TomAbatemarco1.
- Head women’s basketball coach Charity Elliot also made some changes on her coaching staff this past weekend. Elliot promoted Alexis Mezzetta to Associate Head Coach. Elliot’s husband, Chris Elliot has been promoted to an assistant coaching position while newcomer Kiva Herman will also take an assistant coaching position. Read the full release at LMULions.com.
- LMU Magazine shot a cool video of LMU standout baseball player Colton Plaia explaining the process of throwing base stealers out from the catcher position. The New York Mets selected Plaia in last week’s MLB Draft.
- Men’s soccer announced their 2013 schedule. The team has 10 home games set at Sullivan Field, including four night games – a first at Sullivan Field as a result of the newly-installed lights. See the full release at LMULions.com.
- Former LMU basketball forward, Ashley Hamilton, is trying his best to impress NBA teams. The 6-foot-7 wing prospect recently worked out with the Dallas Mavericks this week. He’s also worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors. His next workout will be with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Here’s a highlight tape of Hamilton from this past season.